The Grayson Tourism Commission and Grayson Sports Park Board are currently accepting resumes for Sports Park Manager of the new Sports Complex located in Grayson, Kentucky. Anyone interested in the position may submit a resume via email at email@example.com or by mail to the following address: Grayson Tourism Commission, PO Box 296, Grayson KY 41143.
Job Description – PDF Version
Grayson Sports Park Manager
Supervises: Maintenance Supervisor
Reports to: Grayson Sports Park Board
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under direction of the Grayson Tourism Commission and Grayson Sports Park Board; plans, directs, and supervises the activities of the Grayson Sports Park.
Duties and Job Functions
- Evaluate, organize, coordinate, and administer park policies and procedures.
- Plans, manages, organizes and implements staffing and programming for the Sports Park.
- Supervision is exercised over subordinate full-time, part-time, interns, volunteers and seasonal department staff.
- Organizes and supervises daily work activities for park staff.
- Coordinates the scheduling of game times for recreational leagues utilizing the park.
- Helps Develop and maintain a master schedule of yearly events for the sports complex.
- Functions as or provides personnel to serve as Tournament Director as needed for events held at the park.
- Works with all umpires, coaches, players, scorekeepers, tournament directors, citizens and city employees to resolve problems and address related issues.
- Insures continuity of operations during personal absence through proper delegation and assignment of qualified subordinates.
- Develop and perform a comprehensive turf management program including irrigation
- Maintain active maintenance records
- Prepare and monitor annual operating and capital budgets in conjunction with Park Board
- Prepares and administers rental agreements for clients of the park.
- Prepares and distributes marketing material.
- Prepares and administers licensing agreements.
- Administers sponsorship agreements.
- Helps in the budgeting process, including capital improvements for the park.
- Orders supplies and materials through established purchasing procedures.
- Maintains and approves time sheets for assigned staff.
- Attends continuing education classes related to management and maintenance of park complexes.
- Works closely with the Grayson Tourism Commission to ensure the best utilization for tournament scheduling as well as opportunities for such.
- Maintains active membership and participation in relevant sports and leisure organizations.
- Administers City policies related to all activities.
- Maintains effective safety program.
- Provides public information as needed and represents the City in matters related to the park.
- Exercises courtesy, tact and good judgment in dealing with employees and the public.
- Maintains all facilities of the park through the use of staff, contractors or personal efforts as needed.
- Works hours and days other than standard hours as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 Year Associate’s degree with preference given to those with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in sports management or related field. Equivalent work experience accepted.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Physically capable of performing essential job functions
- Ability to pass random drug testing
- Experience in developing, planning, and/or managing tournament level sporting facilities or training and experience equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of facility development, preventative maintenance, and implementation of sports field setup
- Knowledge of the fundamentals, rules, and skills or youth sports in relations to: baseball, softball, soccer, football, tennis, volleyball
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of community sports organizations including the cultural and social needs of community
- Working knowledge of tools, equipment, and supplies utilized in various sports related activities as well as safety regulations for each.
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Computer utilization skills
Questions regarding the position can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 606-474-8740.
Resumes will be accepted until August 10.